Blown tweeters

I have a pair of talon khorus speakers with upgraded crossovers. I was listening to music and the larger tweeter on both speakers went at the same time both seem to be dead any ideas on what may have caused this I want to order new tweeters but worried it may happen again

bill1957

Showing 6 responses by bill1957

My speakers have a 10 in woofer a 1 1/2 in tweeter and a 1 in tweeter the 11/2 in tweeterc  is blown on both speakers I put my  ear right up to driver and no sound out of larger tweeter

The speakers are 20 years old my amp is a rotel rb1090 and pre amp is a prima luna dialogue cd player is musical Fidelity A5

Mike Farnsworth the owner of talon did my crossovers and I played speakers for about a year before the tweeters went

I know the amp is fine I also have a pair of Joseph audio pulsar speakers and they sound great. When tweeters went on my talons I was playing music loud as I always do 

Yea Talon went out of business years ago but the owner continued doing upgrades to his speakers. Loved his speakers had a pair of his Ravons which sounded great then sold them and got the khorus which I like and also have the talon roc sub. Love the pulsars too when matched with the sub