Black Ice(former Jolida Company)new integrated amp opinions

Hello,

Just wondering if any one has any experience with Black Ice's new integrated tube amps. In particular the F22 & F35 Jim Fosgate designs. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

128x128sagger

Showing 2 responses by dwest1023

I will second the k88 in the f35. I purchased the f35 about 6 months ago, just to have a different sound. My main amp is a Pass labs intergrated  60, soon to be replaced by pass intergrated 250. I use my f35 with kef LS50 and sub. When I switch set ups, I don’t miss my pass labs. Not saying the Black ice is better,  just a different sound I enjoy and don’t get from the pass. For the money black ice is very good. It has very good bass punch for tubes. 

I recently purchased and Black Ice F35 integrated . Listening to it while my pass lab integrated is being looked at. I was surprised at the bass punch from this amp. It has solid state bass drive. I did change out the Tung sol power tubes for gold lion. All I can say is I do not miss my Pass lab amp. Not saying the Black amp is better, but I an enjoy is just as much as the pass. The soundstage and warmth is what really grab my attention. I am using the black ice with my Kef Lf50 metas, and the pass was using my dynaudio special 40. Really hard for a comparison. I will say the black Ice f35 is worth every penny.