Bi-wire: is it worth it?

I am about to buy a sweet set of used martin logan stats. They have four terminals, and can be bi-wired. Someone has suggested I should bi-wire them. However, this would come at an additional cost, as I would have to buy new speaker cables. Does bi-wiring make a noticeable difference?
elegal
I have read that Nordost has stopped making internally biwired cables due to the inherent compromises, but has revamped their line of biwire jumpers.
Kubala-Sosna makes excellent speaker cables. I am a dealer for them but you will have to contact the manufacturer to determine who you nearest dealer is.
Hello Elegal

I manufacture audiophile cables http://perkune.com and have been testing bi-wiring and the effects of Bi-wiring for the past three months as we will introduce a 3.5 meter Bi-wired loudspeaker cable next month and also 30 Centimetre Jumper leads.

I have also been testing crossover cables with different crossovers and the effect that they have with bi-wiring. 

I have also been testing the bi-wiring Jumper cable lengths and differences

Firstly I will say that YES Bi-wiring does give you a better sounding Bass, more air in the music and a better presentation - FACT

Now if you want to try bi-wiring then just remove the jumper plates that are supplied with
the loudspeaker and fit a set of jumper leads. There are many people who supply these
and they all come in different lengths because you will hear a big difference

Does length of a jumper cables make a difference? - YES
Does a pair of Bi-wired loudspeaker cables sound better than jumpers? - YES

I have been surprised at the difference that bi-wiring does make but as always it depends on speaker position and system set up

Best regards

Paul Goodwin