Bi-amping Paradigm Reference 100's - good idea?

I have an option to buy 4 Marantz MA700 monoblocks rated at 200W each and I'm considering using these to vertical bi-amp the Paradigm's. My question is have others out there bi-amped these speakers and noticed improvement in sound quality? I intend using the crossover in the speaker.
Rest of the system is a Marantz SR8000 integrated amp (which I'm using as a pre), Arcam DV78 DVD/CD and Clearaudio TT.
I've read so many contradictory opinions on the merits of this it would be good to hear from people who've actually done it.
Also I'm a tad concerned 200W into the mid/tweeters might do some harm? The MA700's have an input level control.
Thanks.
spyderphil

Showing 2 responses by kr4

IMHO, it is a waste of time. There's no significant power advantage over a 200WPC stereo amp and, for the same money, you might get a better 2 channel than 4 monoblocs. (Of course, I do not know what you are paying for these, but comparable stereo amps or pairs of monoblocs should exist.

Kal
Biamping will not change that. Getting the best power amp for your budget (and good placement and good room acoustics) will.

Kal