Bi-amping my KEF R3 Meta speakers.

This might just as well fit into the amp section or maybe just why bother. Since I had my M80 Yamaha amp repaired, I find myself with two power amps. The other is my Emotiva A2. Since I had them both, I purchased a simple A-B switch box so I could compare the two and see if I liked one better than the other, My 76 y/o tinnitus ravaged ears can detect no difference. Both have more than enough grunt to drive the KEFs. The Yamaha is rated a 330wpc in 4ohm and the A2 is around 250. So, it just struck me, what about bi-amping.

OTH, why bother? The amps are way under stressed as I'm feeding the lows to dual amplified subs. What say you?

128x128llg98ljk

Implementing powered subwoofers into your system is essentially active horizontal bi-amping, so you’re bi-amping already. yes

Sensitivity of both amps is likely different - you need to adjust signal levels.  

https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/2709516

Kijanki, Thay has not proven to be an issue. As I stated, in the current setup I am only using one amp at a time using an A/B switch box. I've noticed no issues so far. I always start up my rig at a low volume level and don't really notice that I have to crank the volume up differently for either one.