Best way to sell a record collection

Hello, last fall I sold my record player and decided to go all in on cds. Now I have a bunch of records that I don’t want that are taking up space. Some of the records are really good finds and according to discogs I have some pretty valuable records as well. My question is, what’s the best way to go about selling? I really don’t want to deal with putting the whole collection on discogs and having to ship out one at a time and dealing with packing and shipping. I’ve never sold records so I’m trying to make it as painless as possible while also getting maximum value out of the records that I purposely acquired for their rarity or value or whatever. Does anyone have experience with this? Thoughts, opinions, advice?

jawillia

Showing 1 response by mahler123

The trade off is money vs convenience.  You will make more doing it piecemeal, particularly if discogs has told you some of them are worth something.  If you send them have value.  However it’s time consuming, and be prepared to deal with disgruntled customers on the other end.  Some people get angry if the record has normal surface noise, and then there is the real possibility that it might be damaged by the shipping company