Best Vintage Speakers?

I'm a big high value vintage guy. Technology is good, but considering the recent comeback of tube amps, I'm wondering if anybody has any experience buying older speakers. What have you bought that rivals or surpasses newer models for a fraction of their new cost?
128x128gfields
Be very careful on selecting vintage ribbon speakers when they get old. Especially if they came from high humidity environment.
SANSUI SP-200 and SANSUI SP-2000 - BOTH are amazing alternatives to Advents and ARs. Maybe not the best but certainly excellent performers- huge sound, reliable and good bargains
IME, Altec Seville 847a. Excellent nearfield and midfield, decent bass to about 40hz with tones, on music it's represented as lean. Highly dynamic, they really get into overdriven guitars such as those found on CCRevisited's live album. Rock and Classical both shine, as does everything in between. Incredible detail. Available from $200 to $800.
Depends on what you're looking for.

Here's a few examples in the under $500 category - If you want rockin' and thumpin' then vintage JBL's. If you want low level horn-y detail and dynamics, Klipsch Heresy's. If you want "Audiophile" quality sound - detailed, accurate, smooth, and non-fatiguing with decent bass extension then Dahlquist DQ-20i's (or DQ-20's).

Spica's - have a real magical midrange, but a pretty weak low end. Excellent for a small room, and bass improves if placed close to the corners. But in this vein - a used pair of Green Mountain Europa's should be considered, even though they're not "vintage".
moderate to smaller size american classics include/ar 2, epi 100, the large advent, klipsh heresy, jbl 4312, 4412 alison 4, dynaco 25 several early snell and boston acoustic designs.....they all still sound great