Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
Epos are the best inexpensive UK speakers value for money IMO. B&W are good for rockers, but do not handle subtlety well enough for me to want to buy a pair.
I also think some of the KEF reference series give a lot for the money.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with US speakers, though I own Spica Angelus, and they seem pretty good for the money (used, of course).
Here are someto consider:
http://www.gr-research.com paradox 1 ($500) or B&W DM602s3 ($500 with 10-15% dealer discount)

Monitor Audio Bronze 1 - $300 or Sound Dynamics RTS-3 $149 ($300 originally) or Acoustic Energy EVO 1 ($300)

VMPS 626 ribbon monitor ($1,600).

Nautilus 804 ($3,500). People here may know of my search for a better speaker than my N804 and I have pretty much given up. Only thing better has been N802 or ATC active 50's. I only have ATC active 20's and Piega P5/8 left to audition.

Of course, personal taste has a HUGE impact and that could lead someone to prefer Aerial Acoustics, Thiel, JM Labs, Renaud, etc. but I would call these preferences, not better speakers per se.
www.e-speakers.com
Andre will make you speakers that'll outdo any on the commercial market (in my opinion)
The Axiom line is amazing for the cost, I own the M60's, VP150, and the QS8's.

PatrickS