Best used turntable(s) around $1500.00 for playing metal and rock

I am looking for opinions and advice. I Have a Carver CT-17 pre-amplifier, and (2) Carver PM 600 main amplifiers wired in mono off each channel (left and right) to capture the full 600 amps from each. I am driving (2) Klipsch chorus speakers and (1) Sunfire True architectural 8"  (claimed 1800 watt) self powered subwoofer. I am always looking to increase the headroom that accentuates "metal", as well as get the best sound. (departing from the title of this turntable discussion I will add), ... I am planning to add (2) more speakers and another powered sub. I figured sticking to Klipche and getting a larger sunfire was the direction, but always look for input and educational information.
       I presently have a Onkyo CP-1150F, and for a low end turntable, it's spec's, performance and sound are decent, but I really want to upgrade using good information to guide me, and haven't found many metal guys who are on these high-end audio conversations that are helping. I get all my metal information about audio for my home from metalheads in bands that love the headroom great equipment provides at home. Unfortunately, most of the guys I know aren't Vinyl fans, ....  but I am. Any suggestions welcomed.
willymontana

Showing 2 responses by roberjerman

Regarding your speakers: I prefer vintage Altec's (Santana 1's and Stonehenge 1's) and JBL's (166's and 4312's) over any Klipsch for hard rock/metal. And I don't use subwoofers - plus I limit amp power to 100/200 wpc. Remember that ear-bleeding SPL's will only hasten deafness!
When I wanted to add a new-in-box TT to my collection of used TT's I bought the Pioneer PLX1000 direct-drive ($700). And a new Denon 103R mc cartridge ($300) + a Denon SUT (used). I can assure you that this combination will sound great with any metal and hard rock LPs! Of which I have quite a few on hand!