Best used floor standers up to $1300

Big room with high ceiling. Like to play loud from time to time. Planning to use Peach Nova125 either alone or as pre and NAD 2400 amp, but figure to upgrade amp over time. Leaning to PSB x2t new, but wanted to hear thoughts on whether I'm leaving better options on the table in used market here. I understand at least one mid driver and two woofers are recommended. I appreciate the expert advice on here. I'm fairly new to this and certainly focused on the more entry level. many thanks
bcc

Showing 1 response by b_limo

I think you'd be happy with those new Psb's or the Psb gold i's which are more than likely even better.

Honestly, thers quite a few good choices on the used side for $1200 as well. Vandersteen 2ce's, possibly Paradigm S2's with Berrylium Tweets, Monitor Gx100's, Soliloquys, Zu anything...

Peachtree is nice sounding; sweet, sparkle and punchy. It mates well with anything but I see it with Magnepan and Zu at shows.

Research a bunch of speakers and find a pair that suits your musical preference and personal tastes in sound. Your peachtree gear isn't picky so just find some speaks that you think you'd like. Take into consideration your room size and how you'll be listening (sitting down with your head in a vice-Maggies, up and around moving-Vandersteen...).