Best Upgrade for 1,000- for my system

I have a pretty good system, I am about to get a 1,000 bonus from, work and I am just watering at the mouth on how to spend it, although I cannot decide.

My system is made up of:

Cal Audio cl-2500 preamp/processor
2 Harmon Kardon 7.1 amps
707 es Sony cd player
560d Sony Dvd Player
Lovan stands
Monstor Power 3500 Power Conditioner

Dynaudio contour 3.3, T2.1, Audience 52 (rears)

Audioquest Caldera, Anacondas,

I was considering a, Ps300, Power director, or Richard Grey unit, either 400 or the 2000

I think the power conditioning is the biggest weakest link, let me know your thoughts
infwgf

Showing 2 responses by buckingham

I agree with Sugarbie if you are doing more 2 channel listening that surround. If you can get any money for your cd and dvd players, sell them and buy the Sony Dvp S9000-Es here on the gon for around $900 and get it modded to bring it up to the level of the Sony 777. Otherwise, get a nice DAC like the Bel Canto 1 or 1.1 for around 500-700 used on the gon. The P300 is lots of cash, I'm sure the Noisehound at 110 would be much better spent than seven times that on the P300.
RE CD-R's on 9000. Most Sony's will read CD-R's even if they don't specify that they do. Just use the best media when recording ie Mitsue Gold CDR and use a good recorder. Your player won't even know the diff.