Best turntable setup for under $300

Dipping my toes in the vinyl world with a relatively limited budget. Any good suggestions on something that won't break a grad student bank?

I'm not ready for a true audiophile setup, just want something that sounds good and won't destroy my records. My knowledge of analog is very limited at the present time...\

Many thanks AG members!
rch34

Showing 3 responses by zenieth

Well ........... Here's what I suggest. Buy a Sony PS-LX300USB for $150. Put the other $150 away to begin saving for tomorrow's new table.
$109 shipped! SOLD !!! You can listen safely for less. Enjoy your LP's and save your money for a mid level entry table in the future. Dam !!!!
With all said !!! Your after the best for the least that offers saftey with what you have to play. Take it from experience !!!!! Buy the LX and let it be done with. Save for a better rig up the raod! Forget about getting another needle or even a low line Rega player! Too much rhedoric from people that ignore your principles put up front! Email me off the board ............. I'll help you with what you desire Rch34. It's a hobby not a job! Get the LX300 and be happy! Too many years of experience ,willing to help a novice new starter to the hobby! Bill