Best Tube Amp under 10K?

Having every audio dealer in town recommend their line as "the best unless you want to spend $25K" and buy a ..." is frustrating. Well, like most of us, I can't spend $25K on amps ... but I am curious to know what others consider their "final" amp upgrade under $10K. My listening tastes are wide ranging but will mostly include SACD jazz and classical. I do not have a turntable ... yet. And I ususally play at low to moderate volumes only (the wife factor)-- speakers are reasonably efficient 91DB KEF Ref 4's that I hope to upgrade.
lornecherry
Thanks you all for the lively discussion! Seems to be a lot of BAT fans out there. In the end, I went with the Aranovs fed by a First Sound passive preamp (Arnovs $2600, First Sound $1075, both on Audiogon - thank you Stewart of SOS.)I now eagerly await my Sony SACD SCD-1 but must also admit I do glance at the turntable ads once and while. --Lorne
I love my Legend Audio triode amps. (monoblocks). The only description that comes to mind with these are seductive and sultry.
I have owned the deHavilland GM70 50 watt S.E.T. monos for a couple of months now. I can't imagine ever needing to upgrade them. The music washes over me. Basses are tight and mids and highs are to die for. They are built 100% in the U.S.A. Tubes are easily replaced. They fill my room up(about 3600 cu. ft.) with Green Mountain Audio Continuum 3 speakers,with about a 90db efficiency. These folks will let you audition for 30 days in home (100% payment up front). I don't think anyone has returned them yet. Amp quest is over after hearing these.
Good luck. Tom
I have Dehavilland 845Gs. Same great sound as the GM70s for a little less money and little less power. Cant imagine wanting anything else. The customer service is outstanding.