Best Tchaikovsky’s 6th Symphony Recording

What is the best sounding (including performance) recording of Tchaikovsky’s 6th symphony? Right now my favorite is the Berliner Philharmoniker conducted by Kirill Petrenko. 
128x128saintsaens_op61

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

Curentzis isn’t entertaining, like that flashy woman you meet a bar, but would be hard to take as a regular partner.  I enjoyed the Kiril Petrenko who really takes a bit of a conservative view, but again I’ll state a preference for Bychkov in terms of striking the right balance between excitement without feeling like it is going to become unhinged.  These 3 recordings seemed to arrive at the same time so I tend to compare them
Curentzis isn’t entertaining, like that flashy woman you meet a bar, but would be hard to take as a regular partner.  I enjoyed the Kiril Petrenko who really takes a bit of a conservative view, but again I’ll state a preference for Bychkov in terms of striking the right balance between excitement without feeling like it is going to become unhinged.  These 3 recordings seemed to arrive at the same time so I tend to compare them