Best SS Amp - Pass Labs X350.8 vs. Luxman M900u vs. Ayre VX-R Twenty

I’m in the market for a used SS Stereo amplifier for about $8k-10k range, in the used market.

Source: Oppo BDP-105
Speakers: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook System II with 89db & 8 ohm.

The next step would be to add a Tube Preamp to connect my Nakamichi RX-505 tape deck.

Out of the following, which one do you recommend & why? I would prefer feedback from anyone who has compared any of these combination of Amps.
  • Pass Labs X350.8
  • Luxman M900u
  • Ayre VX-R Twenty
  • Jeff Rowland 625 s2
Later on the plan is to build a HT system & will add Amp for surround & center.

hitsofmisses

Showing 2 responses by tweak1

I highly recommend reading the various LSA Voyager 350 GaN amp blogs here. It’s only ~ $3-4K, but I believe you can spend the rest of the money on anything else and not look back, or forward to another amp

ALSO, I bought my 105 new and used it fro a few years before one day surfing on ebay and came across aftermarket linear power supplies, Furutech IEC with solid silver jumper to either board (old/new) and a jumper to bypass the 110/220 switch.

I did the first 2 first and was so impressed that I bought the power supply. The product page I bought from had comprehensive DIY photos. I left the top off and bought Nobsound springs (Amazon) which are under all my kit. <$40/4 and a terrific improvement

hth
@jjss49

It is not your responsibility to make such comments

Notice he used the word PREFER "I would prefer feedback from anyone who has compared any of these combination of Amps."