Best speakers for max. $3000?

I would like to upgrade to some new speakers and I might have a maximum of $3000 to spend if all goes well.
I don't care if they are new or used but my real world experience is limited so I am asking the experts!   I know it is subjective.
  I have Mirage OM-7s now with a HSU sub.  My amp is a Bryston 100B SST.  
Also, I have a chance to buy a set of Thiel CS 2.4s. I plan to try them.   Thanks for any advice!
rmcfee
I've done a lot of demos and nothing and I mean NOTHING comes close to the Tekton DI at 3k. 
No one should advise you on speakers. De gustibus...They all vary so much that you should get out there and listen, with your own software.
Take a look at the PSB Imagine X2T. I just bought a pair for under $1400 out the door and love them. While they're not Focals or Thiels they perform very well for the price.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/psb-imagine-x2t-tower-loudspeaker/

No one should advise you on speakers. De gustibus...They all vary so much that you should get out there and listen, with your own software.

Ultimately, this is the best advice.

If you go with a factory-direct brand, investigate how they've handled past resturns - some of these company's are easy to work with, some can be a nightmare.