Best speaker in the $5-10K range. Details below.

Thank you all in advance for your help. I am a long time member but first time poster. I have a speaker budget of ~$5k. I could stretch it if needed to 8-9 if necessary and 10 MAYBE.

My room is 16'x18' with 10' ceilings. I am currently using Usher 6311's with a JL Audio f112. I am enjoying the sound I have but would like to upgrade. Using a Metrum DAC, Dodd Battery preamp and AMB labs balanced B22 amp (30-50 wpc).

I would like to upgrade my speakers but I do not have the time or opportunity to audition speakers at hifi dealers.

Based upon reading mags, web searches, etc. I have come up with some considerations. Speakers that might fit my requirements include Legacy Classic HD, Salk HT3, VMPS RM 30, Usher Mini Dancer 2 dmd, Magnepan 3.7, and Von Schweikert 35. I am not limiting my search to these and would greatly appreciate any experience, suggestions etc. to help me out.

Musical preferences include mostly rock/classic rock. jazz, and occasionally classical. Thanks again.

Regards,
jjr
joe2687
1. In most cases for the speakers you've listed you'll need larger power amp.
2. If you don't have a listening capabilities it's realy hard to 'collect equipment' since there will be pricey shipping involved indeed.
I was just wondering what is it that your current speakers are not doing that is giving you the itch to upgrade;is it something specific?
Thanks for the replies everyone. I would much prefer to be able to travel and listen, but it's a practical impossibility for me right now.

I am certainly open to in home audition and don't mind 'investing' a bit in shipping costs.

@Marakanetz: I also have a pair of Bella Extreme 100w mono's that are being tuned up right now and will be returned to me soon.

@Rleff: A little upgraditis but I would also like a more upfront soundstage, more midrange presence, more oomph in the upper bass and a little more treble sparkle (but not bright or harsh).
Jfz.. like everyone else said if you don't audition the ones you want it's a total crap shoot.. The only reasonably safe bet would be to move up the Usher line, since you own Ushers.. You also didn't mention what you are using for cables or power line, so there could be substantial improvements lurking there. You can borrow cables and power products from the Cable Company http://thecableco.com/ and you might just find that these upgrades would move you closer to where you want to be. You also didn't mention how the speakers are setup, there also could be a lot of performance to gain in how the speakers are setup...