Best speaker brands for transient response

Hello all, first post / longtime lurker on here. I have really appreciated all I've learned from following threads on here -- much appreciated.

I've had three speakers in my house for a few years, and have learned that transient response is the quality I value most. I'm researching upgrade options and would appreciate recommendations on brands.

Currently I have KLH Model 3s, JBL 4305Ps, and JBL Studio 590s. The sealed KLHs are far superior in transient response / speed / attack. The 4305Ps are pretty good (I'm assuming because they're active) and the 590s, while they do a lot of things well, are relative laggards.

I am assuming that on average a sealed design at any given price point will outperform a ported speaker in this area of performance, but I'm sure there are important exceptions.

I'm also curious if more expensive ported horn speakers (Klipsch heritage line, or the JBL 4349 for example) may deliver equal or better in transient response compared to a lower cost sealed speaker because they're using better drivers, crossovers, etc.

Thank you for any feedback / ideas you have.

tommyuchicago

@mtbiker29 thank you for that recommendation -- he's in uptown and I'm west, that's a haul but worth it to hear those brands. I'll try to get up there on a Monday when traffic should be manageable. 

@yogiboy thank you for your recommendation. I had not heard of ATC until maybe a week ago and saw their models on Music Direct. It's not a crazy drive there after morning rush hour and will make the trip. Thanks again.

I’ve always found ATC to be a very unique, zippy kind of sound.  Is that transient response?

OP if you are west then i believe Next Level AV did have a pair of Magico's recently, and you could hear the Borreson speakers also as they are the only local dealer for that brand.