Best sounding room at CES 2003

What was the best sounding room at CES 2003?
rivercitylad

Showing 2 responses by gaudio_eek

VTL provided the most impressive sounding room per my limited time at the show. I did not have enough time to visit all the rooms. But I got to visit a fair amount of rooms.
VTL was using Linn CD12, VTL new Reference Monoblocks, Wilson Watt Puppy 7. I did not get a chance to check out their cables.
Their sound was clean, pure, extremely articulated, emotional and has very beautiful lifelike imaging. Working in their favor is a big open 2 room suite that offers more opportunity for the sound to blossom naturally. I'm sure there are other products that could compete nicely had they had this space.
I have no relation to VTL or any dealer.
I visited Burmester room early on Saturday morning before they officially opened. They allow me in to play some music on the Rondo line while they neurotically and quietly cleaned and shined their equipment. Their suite was very big (2-rooms). They had 4 different systems set-up. The equipments look top-notch. At their price, they should better. The sound of the Rondo line was very sweet and beautiful but for me is lacking that intangible emotional core. The Rondo CD player alone was $15K and this was their entry level! Unlike the staff from some other rude and rigid Swiss German neighbors who shall remain nameless, Burmester staff was at least friendly and courteous. I managed to take a lot of pictures of the Burmester. Total time spent in the room was about 20 minutes. Nuff said!