Best single-malt Scotch...

I have to give credit to Redwiki for the inspiration to start this thread. Yes, certain malts better compliment certain music or certain moods. Of the fifteen or so different malts in my cabinet right now, my favorites are: Aberlour "Antique", similar to the popular Macallan, but not as syrupy; a bit drier, light hearted and less complicated; great with Mozart and Brubeck. Mortlach "Limited Edition" cask strength. Powerful, smoky, mysterious. Great with Bartok, Berg and late 'Trane. Loch Morar 25 yr old. Incredibly complex and intense, with a hint of honey and flowers. Great with Poulenc, Stravinsky and Bill Evans. Any other single-malt aficionados out there?
frogman
Lagavulin seems to me the closest one can come to being overwhelmed by a deluge, a long ebb and tide reeking of peet and smoke without perishing. Almost existential. Otherwise a partiality for Oban, less idiosyncratic, balanced, smooth. Me mate for single malt does like Macallan - 25 when he can afford it. There's still so much to discover
I usually don't like when we get off topic, but, I'm really enjoying this one. I'm not familiar with many mentioned here. Thanks for the the putting me in the know. My favorite is McCallan 18 year old, to my mind their best value. I like Glenliviet on warmer days or before dinner, ironicaly though it's on the light side, I like this one over ice. My favorite "bump" with a beer, is Oban. On a cold winter's night I find Lagavulin warm and inviting. After dinner I like Bunnahabein (spelling?). I detest Laphroiag, taste like medicinal iodine to me. To each his own. Thanks again for the tips.
Can any one recommend a "scoth like" bourbon? I prefer scotch, but I'm intrigued by the possibilty.
i FEEL WE NEED TO GET A GOOD LISTING OF THESE GREAT SCOTCH
SINGLE MALT. SDCAMPBELL, WILL YOU BE THE GUY?!
BEST AUDIOGONER SINGLE MALT SCOTCH!!
Knockando. It's not a single malt, it's a blend. Around $50 for 12 year old and it's fantastic and very smooth. Beats 25 year old mccallen hands down, and just about anything else you can throw at it. Of the 25 or so popular single malts I've tried over the years, this is the one I keep coming back to.