Best shipper for 200lb amp?

I am looking for the best shipper with good reliability/cost for a 200lb amp from California to Niagra falls NY.
Anyoe have any recent experience?
thanks
mclsound

Showing 2 responses by peter_s

I've had very good luck with Pilot Air. And it is especially reasonable if you bring the amp to the depot (one in most major metropolitan areas) and it is picked up at a depot on the other end. Without home delivery, it becomes really reasonable. They will palletize it for you, and the pickerupper will find them sitting nicely on a pallet waiting to be taken home. I had Classe Omega amps (212 lbs each) shipped that way.
That should work out well for you. One hitch is insurance. I believe Pilot Air can insure for dissappearance but not damage. You may be able to purchase some additional insurance through an outside party. I've taken that chance with Pilot, and no hitches. I'm not sure it's any difference for any of the other shippers. Just make sure you know what you are getting in that department. Oh, and if it is new rather than used, I think insurance is available through Pilot. If you check into this, perhaps update this thread with the info you find out.