Best rock song of all times

Only one answer please.
Not the best written or the best musical complexity but the one that represents the rock.

My choice: Satisfaction - Rolling Stones

Reasons:
- first notes are like the 5th of Beethoven (when you hear those notes, everybody pumps up the volume)
- still very up to date
- a mix of rock and blues rock and Motown sound
- lyrics talks about disatisfaction of young people vs life, politics, money and women (even B Dylan like that song)
- music is very basic as a good rock song should be
ross2

Showing 6 responses by 213runnin

Journey - Don’t Stop Believin’

David Bowie - Heroes (killer lyrics and groove, 2004 remake)

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary (Look this one up on youtube)
The song Heroes was inspired by an incident when David Bowie was in Berlin and saw Tony Visconti (producer/engineer) kissing Antonia Maaß (backing vocalist) by the Berlin Wall. The Rolling Stone magazine described the song, "Bowie wails with crazed soul about two doomed lovers finding a moment of redemption together — just for one day." Doomed, because Visconti was married.

Bowie was a strange one at times, but he certainly had moments of genius. He gave up his wild days, kicked his drug addiction after a scare, and the thin white duke left his mark in the music world for sure.
Money For Nothing has got to be right up there with the best, and now that it’s been banned, well that just adds cred...

Money For Nothing was banned because it’s politically incorrect.  Many stations won’t play it because it has the word, “fag” in it.
Hmm, I feel like I should name another one...

You all should listen to this one.  Tons of energy, uniquely garbed lead singer, and guitars blazing.  Anyone remember, "She Sells Sanctuary"?  1985, believe it or not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCOSPtyZAPA