Best Rock Albums in 2009, so far

I would like to nominate the album: Keep It Hid - Dan Auerbach. From 2008 I reaaly liked Only by the Night - Kings of Leon
perrew
Katy Perry -- "One of the Boys"

Hot and Cold
and
I kissed a girl
are my favorite tracks.
The audio quality is very fine too -- no glare
or over-punchiness.

I also plan to pick up Lady Gaga -- The Fame (2008).
02-26-09: Shadorne
U2 No Line on the Horizon

03-08-09: Nilthepill
Just picked up u2's no line on the horizon. Exquisite.
This from U2 and Bono non fan.

04-06-09: Timbrepitch
I would also recommend "No Line On The Horizon" by U2. I am a U2 fan and have been disappointed with their last two albums, but "No Line...." is great.

Good music but terrible recording. Have you guys managed to crank up the volume and listen at moderate to high volume levels say 75dB? I am disappointed of not being able to enjoy my favourite track "Magnificent" on the CD that lasted less than 5 minutes in the player. I am not sure whether it would go back into the CDP after the disastrous outcome.
Jaded Sun Gypsy Trip is one of the best albums I have heard this year. Also from last year Back Door Slam - Roll Away is a mighty fine album. Both of these sound great to me.
Some good ones listed already. I'd add:

Jeff Beck "Performing This Week"
Don Dixon & The Jump Rabbits "Nu Look"
Alejandro Escovedo "Real Animal"

IMHO, only the Beck record is really notable (he can play a little bit, huh?), but the other two are fun records that disappoint a bit because they just can't quite measure up to the best these guys have done in the past. (I'd say the same about Eno, Wilco and U2.) If you want non-RnR records from RnR(ish) artists, the Van Morrison record and Allen Toussaint's "Bright Mississsippi" combine music and sound quality. The Toussaint is straight jazz/blues, but SQ is off the charts - among the best I own.

Marty
The Wilco album heads in a less experimental direction than where they were a few years ago, but the songs are good, the playing tight, and increasing contributions from guitarist Nels Cline give it a subtle jazzy subtext, reminiscent of Steely Dan in some spots.
To paraphrase Jeff Tweedy, "We thought everyone is ready to laugh with us more. These are just some songs we want everyone to enjoy". In the context of a lighter mood, this is a great summer album! Cheers,
Spencer