Best Rock Album of 2014

Alright rock fans, let's get our annual thread started.

I'm really digging:

Real Estate "Atlas"
War on Drugs "Lost in the Dream"
keithr

Showing 14 responses by toddnkaya

Bongo, you have done eit again! Turned me on to yet another great band/album. I'm really, really digging the new Elbow album. Thanks!
Also, Keither, take a listen to the new Mac Demarco album called, Salad Days. Its real nice! You can hear it on Spotify.
No Wino, it's not too early . There are albums that are so great that we know they will be in tops of year list.
Yes!!!!! , The War On Drugs album is outstanding!!!!
Atlas is very very good!
Have you heard Sun Kil Moon's new album called Benji? It got a 9.3 over on Pitchfork. It tremendous !!!
I did like the new Woods album. Thanks. Anders Osborn's new album is very strong!
Hey Neal , take a listen to Mac Demarco's new album called Salad Days, it's awesome,really very special with every song shining. If you like Atlas , I think you will really love this album.
The very best album I have listened to this year is Damon Albarn's Everyday Robots. This album is simply genius!!
It's on Spotify so you can listen for free. Dan is/was the lead singer for Blur and the man behind the Gorrilaz .
If you love creative inventive music please give this cd a spin. I know you will love it. Todd
If you love The War On Drugs new masterpiece you should also really
enjoy
Strand of Oaks' new release called Heal. It too is a fantastic album!!
Both are Phila. bands. Included is this fine review.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/06/album-review-strand-of-oaks-heal/
It's on Spotify
Keithr , please take a spin of Strand of Oaks new album Heal , I'm pretty positive you will really enjoy it!
Let me know what you think?
It's on Spotify
Slaw, thanks for the recommendation for Bake Mills. I never had heard of him before. Really digging what I have heard from this album! Wow!!!
Slaw, I don't like it/ him , I love this man's music and this album, and also Break Mirrors!! I have watched most everything on you tube, read most reviews etc. I have listened to his music every day since you recommended his album.
I would call him a guitar virtuoso of the highest order.
Eric Clapton called him the last guitarist that he thought was really phenomenal !
Producer Don Was says he is a musician that comes along once in a generation . I have to agree! His singing and song writing has reached a really mature state with this flawless album.
If you like singer song writers, you all should should listen to Heigh Ho, it is a masterpiece !! IMHO , and the sound quality is stellar too!
Thanks again Slaw!
Bongo, I too am very impressed with Alt J's new album , This Is All Yours .
Their first release, (thanks again for the great recommendation ) was one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years.
I did not think they could follow up this album with something so good. They did.
I really dug Cymbals Eat Guitars last album called Lose. It's fatastic !, and it rocks !!