Best Pre/Pro for under a $1000 used?

I currently have a Aragon Soundstream Pre/Pro and I was wondering if anyone thought there is a nice upgrade out there used for under 1K? I have been looking at numerous options but I have no experience with them. Some are the Anthem AVM-20 V2, Meridian 565, Proceed AVP-S, plus other models from Lexicon, Krell, B&K etc. I use it about 70% music, 30% movies. Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you

doug
hyadstroya
Of course, none of those is capable of decoding SACD, TrueHD or dts MA. Nor does any one have HDMI facilities, afaik.

Kal
To have all the latest codecs decoded I went with an Onkyo receiver and don't use the amps, but you can use them for the surround sound, center, or mains. Very cost-effective and high quality.
I'm not interested in SACD or DVD audio at this point. Therfore, I would only be missing out on the updated HT functions of the newer models. I don't want to throw down 2K or more for the upgrades since I listen to more music than I watch movies.
I love the Anthem. Another choice is Sherbourne 7010/A It's essentially the same as the Sunfire IV but goes for less.