Best Pre-amp for $500??

What kind of fidelity can I get for $500?  I also need a remote and a couple of digital inputs (so need a good DAC) and a few analog inputs?

Thx
randy-11

Showing 5 responses by randy-11

Does the CP-35 have a built-in DAC? That is what I need. I can’t find much info on it online.

BTW, I am hoping for better sound quality than a NAD.
A sunfire amp drives Maggies.  Outboard DAC is dealing with an Apple TV and Mac/iTunes.  Still have a Cal Audio CD player, and sometimes use a Yamaha tuner.

I had a Sonic Frontiers pre-amp but it blew one channel and the remote is busted too.  
I am not interested in a phono stage.  DAC is a must or I don't buy one and keep using my outboard DAC

A Parasound Halo with DAC is $1,100.

Anything in the $700 range?
Thanks but it seems that none of those three have digital inputs. The Aragon 28k seems to only have RCA analog inputs too, based on Google searches.
The Cambridge 851C seems to be a CD Player, DAC, and pre-amp (digital only) all in one case. That would solve my clutter problem for sure. Is the sound quality comparable to or better than a Cal Audio player?

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/851/851c

Edit - I do not see any analog inputs on the back panel so it looks like I cannot use my tuner with it.