Best new 70" to 80" display

Any new displays in the workings. I know that the new Elite is out there and perhaps a little pricy because it is new. I also know there will be a high end big screen comparison next weekend, 10-9.Still, I am always wondering what is on the way and how soon? I am in the market, but willing to wait for the real deal. Thanks
Pinto 72
pinto72
I believe Sharp has an 80" LCD now available and Mitsubishi has the 82" and 92" DLP's out.
The Sharp "Elite" has recently garnered very high praise from those that regularly review and/or calibrate such devices, a rather novel result for an LCD. Of course such results come at a premium price, and value didn't seem to be a consideration.
Having seen pretty much every display out there, including the Elite LCDs at CEDIA, the Elite is in a different class than most of them right now. It looked far better than any LCD I've seen for black level, off-axis viewing, contrast ratio, etc... There was no noticeable haloing or blooming around objects despite the use of backlit LEDs, even on fireworks.

I haven't seen it next to a VT30, but the VT30 certainly didn't have the Wow factor that the Elite did upon seeing it. It's very expensive, but it's the best out there.

The 80" regular Sharp looks really horrible I found, very bad as soon as you move off-axis at all, a little dull and washed out.
There is a new Sony that is truly outstanding. Its a 3D tv ( I don't care for 3D ) but you can turn the 3D off
I was unaware that sony made anything larger than a 65", the 929. Is this true? Thanks for everyone's responses.