Best Kept Speaker Secret?

OK all you speaker experts out there here goes. There are always "sleepers" or "exceptions to every rule or cost" in high end audio equipment. In your opinion what is the best kept secret or exception to the cost for the very best speaker you can buy for $4000 or less (Used). Your feedback will be greatly appreciated toward building my short list. Thank you.
golfnut
Anybody try to top the VMPS 626 or if you prefer more bass the VMPS RM1 Both at a great price. For expensive look to Quad but maybe better is the (watt demanding) SL's line.I've heard the following: b&w mirage paradigm spica vandersteins wilson martinlogan mageplanars cabasse psb. These are well known and not secrets. If you get a chance read the review by Pfeffer on the Alon Circe loudspeaker at $12K!!!! in the absolute sound dec. issue. In 2 and one half paragraphs he sums up the state of cone tech. You draw your own conclusions i've already got my UNBIASED opinions AS to what I LIKE. A well made woofer will always be needed. But read the interesting VMPS web page before you buy your next traditional loudspeaker. But why VMPS still makes a budget traditional cone speaker is beyond me. Sorry please disregard some of my previous posts Thank You
PSB Gold (or Goldi) in combination with ARAGON 8008BB.
(I also use a VELODYNE HGS-15 for the lowest octave;
i.e. 20 - 40 Hz, electronically crossed-over in the SONY
TAE-E9000ES pre/pro w/Version 2.01 upgrade, but the Golds'
are flat down to 35 Hz [- 1 db], so a subwoofer is not essential,
but does add something if the source has deep, deep bass).
Extremely neutral and smooth, yet detailed presentation.
Mondial (maker of ARAGON) has great customer support;
both ARAGON and PSB Golds are a great value - new and especially used.
Post removed 
I will second Newbee on the Paragon Jubilee / JEMS. Paragon is now out of business but they use Dynaudio drivers that can still be obtained direct from Dynaudio. I wanted to by the pair here but am in a finacial pinch and can not. They are similar to the Watt/Puppy but much more enjoyable over the long haul. Wilsons can be analytical and fatiging, not the Paragons though. I have a pair of Paragon Regents which I also think are one of the best kept secrets but not as much as the Jubilee / JEMS. These speakers are awesome and at 2300.00 that is a steal. They have smoked most speakers I've heard under 10,000.00 (IMHO). Contact me direct if you have any questions about Paragon.
Bruce