Best integrated tube amplifier, under $3,000.00. No phono needed. Could be used, too.d

What's the best integrated tube amplifier under 3k, don't need phono.  Used is ok, too.  Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xanotherbob

Showing 2 responses by sfar

I’ve owned the Rogue Cronus, Cary Sli-80, AES/Cary AE-25, Cayin A-50T and now the Raven Audio Blackhawk LE.

The Raven is by far my favorite, a realistic, immersive sound that gets completely out of the way of the music. The service from the head of the company is outstanding.

The Nighthawk is their least expensive amp at $2,995. It would be difficult to find a used one but they offer a free 45 day in-home audition where you can hear it with your own equipment.

ravenaudio.com

I don't claim to completely understand the relationship between speaker sensitivity and amp output power but there are some observations on that in this review of the Raven Audio Nighthawk III driving Dynaudio Special 40s which are rated at 85dB, similar to your speakers.

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2019/10/30/hifi-the-raven-audio-nighthawk-mkiii-integrated-amp-review/?fbclid=IwAR2Wt9rCAq0WaQYVJh22kZRVydhh7ExAT-cpkHJHVCwRCn1glzU2FxUn4LY