Best headphones you've ever heard/used

Well, the subject says it all I guess. I'm looking for two sets of good quality headphones.

The first one is an earphone for use with my iPod. I'm looking for a small pair of compact in-ear earphones. I take long boring flights to Asia often so it'd be nice if they were high quality and helped out with noise canceling. I've heard good things from Shure. Any other recommendations?

The second one will be for night time listening in my bed. These headphones can be big but hopefully not too heavy. I also need them to be wireless for at least 15ft.

Thanks in advance,
spacekadet
I just may have to bump up to the e4 and get a portable amp. The e3 is ok, but I wouldn't have any doubts about your comments that the e4 is a big step up especially with an amp.

There is something about having hi end on the go that really makes this stuff compelling.

Nothing will replace the life sized soundstage in front of me from a high end home system, but I still enjoy the soundstage "in my head" with no reservations.

Thanks again,
Rob
Sure thing, Robm321. I was actually thinking about this thread today whilest commuting with my Headamp AE-1, iPod, and Shure e4s...it sounded oh so good!

- walkman
i can't beleive a thousand people didn't already grab this one. These headphones are the best known, most comfortable, best value on the market. for around 150 you'll be in an audio heaven that few speakers can top. there're not really portable though. for that one i'd say shure e3, or if you're going cheap, sennheiser px100 or px200. if you want to learn a crap load more than you really ever wanted to know about headphones, go to head-fi.com forums. and headphone.com is a good beginner site. happy listening!
Did a session yesterday and used a pair of Sony MDR-CD3000 phones with my EAR HP4. Best closed sound yet. Now I am looking for a pair to buy. Any suggestions?