Best “gaming” headset under $200

I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for a gaming headphone/headset that I could give as a Christmas gift to my nephew. He mentioned he does quite a bit of online gaming with friends and has a “junky” headset currently when looking at my headphones on Thanksgiving. 

I don’t know much about the world of gaming so might be asking in the wrong forum, but I figured this was a good place to start:

Use would be mostly console gaming with minimal PC gaming. Honestly don’t know enough to have an opinion on wired vs wireless for the gaming world so feedback on that appreciated. Would need an included microphone since he doesn’t have a separate one. Current version Xbox and Nintendo switch console compatibility. Open or closed back are both fine at least for a few yrs until college. Budget = under $200, but closer to $150 would be ideal. My initial thought was Drop/Sennheiser PC38X, but the non-audiophile gaming reviews online are only so-so despite great reviews via Drop. 

Any advice appreciated since my last gaming experience was nearly 20yrs ago and any multiplayer had to be done in the same room back then :).  Thanks. 

ethos123

I got the PC38x for my 15yo son , who is an active gamer and pretty picky, last Christmas and he’s been very happy with them.  He said it’s easier to tell where things are coming from in the games.  Anyway, if these can please my son I’m pretty sure your nephew will be happy performance wise although admittedly they don’t look as “cool” as some of the other gaming headsets out there if that matters. At their current Drop price of $129 they’re a steal IMHO.  Hope this helps. 

Thanks a lot. Definitely helps put my mind at ease to know it’s well liked by a kid his age who likely has heard some truly good sounding gear to compare the sound quality to. 

If you are looking for ANC headphones for under $150, Valco headphones is for you. Valco headphones have quickly been widely accepted among musicians, audio engineers, and artists in Finland. If you want to own one like this, read more about Valco headphones reviews and make a purchase with my Valco headphones discount code LENA to save 5% off. 

Post removed 

Steel Series Artics is best headphones I ever used. Best in sound quality for both music and gaming. And Specially in your budget

Folllowing these headphones are the best headphones which is under the 200$

• OneOdio Wired Over-Ear Headphones | Mixing DJ Stereo Headsets
  • Alesis DRP100 | Extreme Audio-Isolation Electronic Drum Reference-Headphones with
  • Studio Headphones with 6.6ft XLR Cable, Vogek Professional DJ Headphones Mixing DJ
  • Audio-Technica ATH-M20X Professional Studio Monitor Headphones, Black
  • OneOdio Over-Ear Headphone, Wired Bass Headsets with 50mm Driver, Foldable Lightweight Headphones with

Philips SHP6000 HiFi is the best wired gaming headset. Personally i love to use this headset. Minimal design and premium look. Good bass balance. Efficient playback controls for iOS.

Post removed 

Steel Series Artics is best headphones I ever used. Best in sound quality for both music and gaming. And Specially in your budget

Post removed