Best fuses for under $50?

I need six of them for a power amp therefore I need something more economical...  say $50 or less. Any suggestions?

robertsong

Showing 3 responses by bullitt5094

I was just wondering why circuit breakers aren't considered too. I am a non-believer in the fuse thing, but if there is an influence with the fuse you use, a CB would take that out of the equation. I assume it's due to the additional cost for the manufacturer, but I also wondered if there was a sonic reason they aren't utilized or modded into the amps.
You don't necessarily need the CB to be inside the chassis. You could wire it into the power cord externally and either bypass the existing fuse holder or put a very high amperage fuse in the existing fuse holder. Maybe all these uber expensive power cord manufactures should put a CB in them. Or even the fancy power receptacle manufactures could include a current limiting device similar to what they do with the GFI circuits. A current limiting device will protect everything past it. So that would actually add protection to the power cable too. Not really necessary, but still an advantage.