Best Desktop Speakers under $500

Will be used mostly for listening to music/podcasts while I work. I will not be getting a sub right now since I'm in an apartment so that is something to keep in mind.

I enjoy nice aesthetics so if they look nice or come in a color other than black, that is a plus for me.

manishkob

Showing 3 responses by nonoise

Just an FYI if anyone's still looking: check out your local BestBuy for a returned, open pair of Klipsch R-41PM speakers. 

I went darn near crazy checking all the reviews and videos and saw that these are considered a great buy for a desktop system. Going deeper into the rabbit hole I came across them for $280 ( returned but in excellent shape) and hurried my butt down to get them. They work great and are a bargain compared to what it would cost to get another pair of Audioengine A2, or anything close to them.

All the best,
Nonoise
My Audioengine 2 desktop speakers started showing their age (many years now) with an irritating buzz coming from the left speaker that's getting worse with time so I, too, have been looking for a nice replacement. Glad this thread came up. 

Just now, I came upon this video from YouTube, recommended from all the research I've been doing. Looks like you can get a nice assortment to choose from apart from the Audioengine and Kanto lines that seem to be so popular of late.

It's hard for me to decide.

All the best,
Nonoise

Too bad those Decware tiny radials aren't active. They're beautiful to look at and would fit in any decor or setting.

All the best,
Nonoise