Best Dedicated Streamer

I have a Canary KD-2000 DAC and seek a high end digital streamer to feed it with. I don’t need an integrated unit with a DAC built in nor do I need or want a CD transport in the streamer.

What manufacturers and products should I consider? I would much prefer to buy US made.

Thank you.

tracyiver

@facten He told me if you want to hear more of what the DAC can provide to upgrade the transport. Bought a Simaudio 260DT and it was evident that the Cambridge was holding the Mojo back. It’s not going to be any different with the quality of a streamer.

Yep!

When ever I see people post “bits are bits” I recognize it as an attempt to sound informed, when that retort implies otherwise. Some folks just really downplay the importance of the source. It is so obvious that better digital sources matter significantly.

Charles

Have a look at Antipodes from New Zealand.

Very well reviewed as being exceptionally well made with fantastic sound, their after sales service is second to none.

Ian

I know you said you did not need a DAC but at your budget, the Lumin X-1 is a tremendous DAC/Stremer and very easy to use.  It is not built in the USA but I have had 4 of them.  

If you want an end-game music server, please look up Lucas Audio,  Ok, they are based out of Poland and the UK but their music server is incredible and Lucas Domansky, the owner is a computer genius and offers 24/7 service.  If nothing else give him a call on WhatsApp.  You will be convinced after talking to him.  Even though I now have a Lampizator Pacific DAC, the Lucas Audio Music Server is the component that took my system to musical bliss.

WokeuptoBose, I’d like to follow up with you on your Grimm comments but don’t know how to send a PM on here?..