BEST CD TRANSPORT

i'ld like to know your experience: please indicate two CDT: your prefer and wich one you have comparated with (also integrated cd player but only use as transport)

let's go:

gpana

Showing 2 responses by audiofilo123

A few weeks ago, I bought a Audiolab 9000 CDT and it is fantastic: amazing sound, great built and fair price. I have several good CD players and CD transports, but the 9000 CDT presents the music in a special way, very detailed, smooth and engaging.

So far, I have paired it with two dacs: the Denafrips Pontus II and Opera Consonance DAC16, with excellent results.

Some days ago arrived on the market another interesting machine, the Shanling ET3 CD transport, a top loading type with upsampling capacity and I2S output:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

I have several excellent CD players and just bought the Audiolab 9000CDT and it is truly wonderful machine, very well built and with superior performance.

The Atoll DR200 Signature and the two newcommers, the Schiit URD and Shanling ET-3, are also interesting - all at reasonable prices for well designed CD transports.