Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1
Just got the MSB CD station III.I was using a Meridian 596 DVD player thru a Magnum opus one preamp.As soon as I plugged in the MSB it made me start to giggle.This unit Attacks instruments.It is still brand new to me but I"mleaning towards leaving the magnum opus one in the picture.It Truley Is Remarkable
Contradictory to Sorlowski findings, I have listened to the Arcam Alpha 7, owned the Alpha 8 before upgrading to the Sony XA7ES. The XA7ES made the Arcam sounded uninvolving and less dynamic.

I always had the impression that Arcam gears are polite-sounding since the Alpha range. Maybe their new iterations have improved but I believe their sound signature would still be typical Arcam- refined and polite.
Try the new Chord Red Reference. I have the Blu/Dac which is truly amazing, but this will blow your socks off...at $ 30,000 it should do too.
TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V SACD/CDP CD Player !

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rdgtl&1142721653&read&keyw&zztrl=sony

I replaced my Zanden DAC /Oracle Transport combo.... and haven't looked back! So unless you really want to spend the big bucks,and stroke your ego? I can't think of a better sound under the $20K mark
cheers
A modded Shanling from parts connexion is the best Ive heard. Yes I heard top of the line Linn 3 years ago. I could tell it was a CD player. Brassy. I had new tubes and an extensive mod done and it is very smooth. I have a Acoustic Signiture TT with a Graham 2.2, Benz L2 and a Acoustec PH1-P. The Shanling beats or equals 3 out of 5. Its a keeper. And to all those vinylphiles, I did set the TT up right. Dont get me wrong. I love vinyl and this is the CD player I can live with.