Best Buy Says Bye-Bye to DVDs

Best Buy announced recently they will stop selling DVDs/Blu-Rays in early 2024, so let's all give a big ho-hum. That will be my predicted response of the majority of people, and it's one they may regret down the line. Yeah, physical discs take up storage space and require another component to play them, but once you own one, it's yours to keep or do with as you wish. And I have yet to hear a streamed version of a movie that sounds as good as an actual disc. It's possible there could be a few exceptions to that statement, but I've never encountered one. I would assume that Best Buy will also stop carrying the players at some point, so any hard-core diehards may want to think about purchasing a spare before year's end.

discnik

Showing 1 response by tony1954

I don't have  huge BluRay library, but I do keep my eyes out for classic movies and movies I prefer to watch more than once or twice.

I also think that with some movies the disk is better, especially with movies that contain a lot of dark scenes. Movies like Gravity, Dune, Avatar or Notorious for example.

Kind of like people switching to streaming music instead of vinyl. The quality might not be as good, but it is less money and less work.