Best Budget Sub?

I have under a grand to spend and have been thinking about HSU, Velodyne, SVS and a Sunfire Junior. I have a pair of Monitor Auido 5i and 3i and a 10i on a Outlaw 1050 receiver. I am looking for a sub that is musical but can also go deep and loud for movies. Thanks in advance.
swongd3c2
Look at Axiom Audio. I use their EP175 which is a 10 inch alum driver and 175 watt amp with my JM Lab 915.1's. Very quick, musical and blends well.

They pay for shipping and give you a 30 day trial.

Axiomaudio.com
Also a used REL strata, sub $1000. If you don't like it (very unlikely) it's an easy resell, probably with little if any loss. I found a 6 month old strata3 for $800. Pretty hard to beat that.
If music is your priority, you only real choices are REL or ACI. At under $1k, you'll have to find used or demo. Ome up with $1100 for a new ACI. Don't sell yourself short on an inferior sub, it will ruin your musical enjoyment.
tiny, it's obvious that you've never auditioned vmps subs... ;~) and, fwiw, i tried a rel strata, & i'd rather have *no* sub...

so, swong - be careful, & make your *own* decisions, based upon your *own* ears telling you what you like. my advice is to take no advice at all - including this! ;~)

doug s.