Best bookshelf loudspeakers under 10,000 for the pair

I had the elac Navis I thought they were very good until I heard the Elac vela Which was much better In almost every aspect I’ve also listened to the Revel  126Be which were absolutely destroyed by the Elac’s.I am downsize my system from Martin Logan electrostats and quad 2905 And would like a bookshelf that would have some of the same attributes of the quads. I listen primarily to jazz and would like to stay under $10,000. (Fast transient  response, resolution/detail, musicality)
I’m driving the system with a PS audio direct stream dac directly connected to a primaLuna evo 300 Power amp. I’m thinking of switching that out possibly for a pass labs 25/30.8, or possibly a benchmark power amp.
jcwaudio

Showing 1 response by verdantaudio

I would encourage you to check out my company Verdant Audio.  We do a couple speakers in this price range that might be interesting to you.  

We use composite cabinets with a nomex honeycomb core in our Nightshade and Blackthorn products which helps with damping.  We use Eton drivers which are very highly regarded and our products are made in the USA.  Ours are extremely light if that matters to you. 10-12lbs depending on the model due to the extremely lightweight cabinets. These two products sound pretty special but our frequency response is flat down to about 60hz.  Great imaging and amazing detail but  they really need a subwoofer to pair with them though.  If Detail is your concern, Blackthorns are the speaker.  If Imaging is your concern then the Nightshades are your speaker.  

I offer a free in-home trial where you can buy them and return if you don't like OR you can borrow a pair via Fat Llama.  Test them in-home and if you like them, you pay and we build them for you.  No out of pocket till you decide you like them.  

Other brands you really need to hear beyond what has already been mentioned:

Raidho - the X-1s are amazing. Unbelievable tweeter and wonderful imaging.  They need a sub for pairing but are brilliant speakers and wonderful for Jazz. 

Marten - the Oscar Duo is a cool speaker worth a listen.  They use exceptional drivers and have good frequency response.   

Vivid - Kaya S12 - Not sure if it is out yet but a cool looking speaker and Vivid has incredibly good technology. I haven't heard this unit yet but it is made by Vivid so I have faith it is worth your time.  Definitely will need a sub.

Magico A1 - Aluminum cabinet.  Good bass response.  Extremely heavy cabinets if that makes a difference.