Best bookshelf loudspeakers under 10,000 for the pair

I had the elac Navis I thought they were very good until I heard the Elac vela Which was much better In almost every aspect I’ve also listened to the Revel  126Be which were absolutely destroyed by the Elac’s.I am downsize my system from Martin Logan electrostats and quad 2905 And would like a bookshelf that would have some of the same attributes of the quads. I listen primarily to jazz and would like to stay under $10,000. (Fast transient  response, resolution/detail, musicality)
I’m driving the system with a PS audio direct stream dac directly connected to a primaLuna evo 300 Power amp. I’m thinking of switching that out possibly for a pass labs 25/30.8, or possibly a benchmark power amp.
jcwaudio

Showing 1 response by ohlala

Do not know if you will appreciate the tone of one over the other but the KEF Ref 1 has a big advantage of the being a three-way over the 805s. My opinion is Ref 1s actually do a good job of handling the bass while adding to the clarity of the midrange in contrast to the LS50. Plus they include an adjustable port length. There are prettier sounding small speakers as well as ones with higher resolution, imo, but they are a good jack of all trades.  I can't help but mention a used YG Carmel. As a small footprint floor stander, to my ears they walk the line of resolution and beauty almost uniquely well. Good luck!