Best Audiophile desktop for under $2500?

My DELL Precision T7610 is crapping out on me.  I was very happy with it and the synergy with my Modwright OPPO205 and sysytem was great. It has trouble playing WASAPI 768khz on the latest JRiver and ROON. Any suggestions on a store or used bought desktop that is Audiophile worthy? I work everyday and dont have time to build one. Thanks in advance!

deanshias

Showing 2 responses by jhnnrrs

I'm using a mini Intel i5 PC running Volumio, connected via USB-C to an SMSL SU-10 DAC.  A 2TB external SSD drive contains all my music in FLAC, DSF, MP3 and OPUS formats, and Volumio provides access to my Qobuz subscription.  I think the comments about PC and audiophile being mutually exclusive are just borne of arrogance and self-importance and are, frankly, nonsense. 

@lanx0003 The miniPC I'm using has a very quiet fan and it's placed towards the back of a semi-enclosed cabinet.  I can only hear the fan when I'm 1 or 2 feet away, when I'm at my listening position I can't hear it at all.

I was thinking about the Zen streamer as well, but I was concerned with 2 things.  First, my SSD contains over 10,000 songs and albums and I heard the Zen was sluggish in indexing, and, more importantly, second, I own the Zen DAC Signature V2 and the Zen One Signature DACs and am very unimpressed by either.  To me they sound bloated and tubby.