Best Audiophile desktop for under $2500?

My DELL Precision T7610 is crapping out on me.  I was very happy with it and the synergy with my Modwright OPPO205 and sysytem was great. It has trouble playing WASAPI 768khz on the latest JRiver and ROON. Any suggestions on a store or used bought desktop that is Audiophile worthy? I work everyday and dont have time to build one. Thanks in advance!

deanshias

Showing 3 responses by asvjerry

@deanshias , yes and it's now called a PAN (Personal Area Network), although I've called it a TAN (Tiny AN); the name us 'ancients' used until wireless and bluetoothing made it almost irrelevant....  You do it anytime you USB an outboard drive to the box....  You can use a network cable 'twixt the 2 and the system will likely recognise what you've done.... 🤷‍♂️👍

There are No 'phile 'puters 'out there', anything for the gamers is geared for zero vid latency and 'twitch speed'; sound is 'surround' only to warn the player that there's Something Behind You, potentially deadly.

Btw, there are quiet fans....I can't hear the one in my 'audio only' diy, nor the ones' I use to cool my ss amps....just because....*S*  Go shopping, they're out there.

Audio 'puter =  a case that I've drug about with the same rack width as the main amp, 3 eq's, a mix/split, and 2 xovers (1 digital + 1 analog).

ASUS m/b, AMT R5, max'd RAM, half T SSD + 1T HD...vid card is mid-level, but sound card is ASUS Essence STX 2 with the 'break-out' card (the latter was hard to find, but found New, in box....👍).

Win10Pro with nothing else to do, single monitor.

And since they were sitting around, taking up space....

An HP, R5 AMT (slightly slower), max RAM, 1T hd, 2 screens, Win10Pro, runs only monitoring  of the audio main....at least it can accept cards and such, since it has a real MB....*75% 👍*L*

And the 2nd HP, R5 again, max Ram, 1T hd, 2 screens....work stuff and playback during that....opening it reveals a MB suited to a laptop with no card potential or much else....🤷‍♂️

On the other hand....I've got a server case that can be built to whatever I could consider rational, that could accept up to 5 drives....🤔

Cranky me, I don't buy OTS 'puters anymore...

More fun to diy what I want 'It' to do, duck the bloatware, go for clean speed and flex....add a DAC when I get one of those 'round2its'...;)

Noise?  What noise?  20's db....

Loudest thing is the space heater....

...unless I’m listening.... ;)

@elliottbnewcombjr ...approve of the vertical tangital TT in the office...'listen like they're cut'....;)

@elliottbnewcombjr ...that's a pretty nifty card for the $ and it's specs....👍
No doubt better about, but one ends up paying for the privilege...;)

....and we've all spent more on Something....*L*