Best Amp for under $2000.

What is the best Amp for B & W 801 series 2? I don't want to spend more than $2000.
sage

Showing 2 responses by kabir

I have a pair of 802s series 2. First of, find someone who knows what there doing and remove the protection circetry from the crossover.There was a dicussion about this a few years back in Steriofile and B&W also agread it would do no harm.I did just this and my speaker srarted to wake up.My problems were still not over yet. The Aragon 4004 Mk2 or something else wasn't right, the speakers stil seemed veiled.My front end was not the problem so I went looking to find what B&W used for voicing them speakers; they use chord amps from England whitch are difficult to find here. I was lucky and found a used pair of chord spm600 for $2000 and it was just what the doctor ordered. Since then I've also had the oportunity to listen to them with a Bryston 4B ST, also avery good match. The problem with the 800 series is that they are ruslusly reveiling off every thing up stream. Unfortunatly that means $$$$. Good luck in your quest.