Best acoustic -natural instruments CD's

Greetings. Just rifling through my CD's after obtaining new set of cables (MIT 770 CVT's) and wonder what are some of the absolute best acoustic/jazz recordings out there? My tastes range from Dead Can Dance to Holly Cole, Monk to Miles, K D lang to Tori Amos. I am looking for excellent discs that feature natural instruments (or a tasteful blend of both ala Dead Can Dance), and minimalist recording techniques. My tastes are very open but I am finding a need for new music. Any suggestions? P.S if you think most Diana Krall albums are well recorded, you may not want to give your input.... I think they suck. Thanks much. If you want to hear a INCREDIBLE RECORDING, check out Mary Stallings "Fine and Mellow" Canadian import on the Clarity label....unbelievable.
I second Rives' recommendations of M*A recordings.
Rives, if you like Calamus, then get Mujedar. I got it at the HE2003 show and like it a lot.
There are also some excellent recordings from Mapleshade (rather ecclectic repertoire though) and Turtle records (using tube recording gear). Turtlerecords.com is currently under construction.
Zakir Hussain - Making Music
This album is dating back to 1986 and features John McLaughlin (guitar), Jan Garberek (sax), Pandit Hariprasad Churasia (flute) and Hussain on Tabla. I have had it since 1989 and is still the most played CD in my collection and always lying next to my player. Amazing musicianship from all four veterans.

I also like following albums when it comes to natural sounding instruments.

McLaughlin, De Lucia, Dimeola - Friday Night in San Francisco

Strunz and Farah - Primal Magic

Ry Cooder/Ali Farke Toure – Talking Timbuktu

Eric Clapton-Unplugged
Great suggestions-- Alot of discs that I had never heard of. I have been searching for imports by Dead Can Dance and having a hard time there. NPR local stations tend to be my source for discovering new music but I have not had much chance to do this and do not have a tuner in my system. Does anyone know if Brenden Perry has put out solo stuff or intends to? Imminent Holly Cole releases?
Does anyone have an opinion about Cafe Blue--particularly the HDCD version and if it is that much better than the original recording? I appreciate everyone's input! No offense on the Krall comment, by the way, I am just a little tired of the hype.
Three esoteric albums, digitally recorded,but the quality is quite good:Rasa-Devotion-;Sussan Deyhim-Madman Of God-;Vas-In The Garden Of Souls-.I like them all a lot.
Forgot to mention another great acoustic album,again digitally recorded: Al Di Meola-Heart Of The Immigrants-.Excellent quality and an unusual very special music.I saw two Dead Can Dance albums on amazon.co.uk;there are also a few now on ebay,but you never know what you will get there.