Best 5 engineered rock albums?

What is your list of the top five best engineered rock albums?
zorpman
pcanis .... dismissing the SUBJECTIVE opinion of others serves no purpose. Music (and equipment) is either to your liking or not to your liking. Let's try to keep all postings positive. For example I have never liked Genesis, Pink Floyd, or the Beatles but I recognize that they are one of the great, and ground-breaking bands. I fully recognize that Lenny Kravitz is not in the same league as the perviously mentioned bands, but I still prefer his albums.
If you're talking about audiophile quality sound, my top five
would be:

Pink Floyd- "The Final Cut" (heads above Dark Side for sound)
Dire Straits- "Love Over Gold"
Rough Trade- "Weapons"
Human League- "Dare"
New Order- "Blue Monday" (the 45rpm 12 inch single)

Production value-wise, it's a matter of taste. I like

Kate Bush- "Hounds of Love"
Cocteau Twins- "Heaven of Las Vegas"
Beatles- "Revolver"
REM- "Out of Time"
Jimi Hendrix- "Electric Ladyland"

(ironically, none of them have particularly good sound).
seantaylor99 -

sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I had NEVER listened to Lenny K. cuz I just suspected he was just a MTV tool. LOL, I was actually just asking you for some more info. Sorry for the confuzion.

pcanis
I gave this a bit of thought, and I must admit there should be two categories. CD and Vinyl. There are some albums that are really great on vinyl, but just didn't cut it on CD. And vice versa. Here's my list regardless of the medium:

Metallica-The Black Album (Enter Sandman)
Not my favorite album but truly one of the best if not THE best recorded hard rock album of all time.

Meat Loaf- Bat out of Hell
Great on vinyl. So so on CD

Rush-2112
Excellent on both mediums

Blues Traveller-Four
Outstanding on CD

Badfinger-Wish you were Here
Actually better on CD. The vinyl is very good, but this is a very dynamic album and shines on CD. Possibly the best album that Chris Thomas ever produced by the best Band that almost was.