Best 1,000 complete system for girlfriend ideas

She wants to buy new at Best buy while I am trying to talk her into high end used? She lives in an apartment. She listens to jazz, sting, Sade?, etc. Any Suggestions?
My suggestion
DVD//CD $175 Best buy special
Speakers $300 Kef cresta 2
Amp. NAD $300
Preamp NAD $200
cable EXOS $25
$1,000

Sub later
lance328

@dinosore I actually have posted on an ancient thread without noticing the date and felt like a goof afterwards...🙄

For some that question remains relevant today.

Right now (for the non audiophile) a pair of active Bluetooth speakers must be the easiest, quickest, most convenient fuss way of bringing good sound quality into your home.

For sure you will need something to stream the music to the speakers from but these days virtually everyone on the planet has access to a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone etc.

As far as second systems go (for the audiophile) this one would be hard to beat. Apparently such active loudspeaker systems are selling in vast numbers if the reviews on Amazon are anything to go by.

@sugarbrie said: Interconnects: Analysis Plus Oval One $69.95

Speaker Cables Audioquest CV-4 $119.95

To suggest someone should spend almost $200 of a $1000 budget on connectors and speaker wire is some very bad advise. My system cost right at 20k and I don’t have $200 worth of wires connecting the entire system.

@danoroo

To suggest someone should spend almost $200 of a $1000 budget on connectors and speaker wire is some very bad advise.

Or a very poor attempt at sneaky advertising.

In any case, thankfully, it does look as if the cable gravy train has long left this particular station.

We understand that dealers all need to make a decent buck but selling overpriced wire is not the way to ingratiate yourselves with the community at large.