Besides Krell XD amps, who makes "smart home" friendly amp, IP control, Telenet, RS232?

I have Krell XD amps that I control with my Kramer Control system. Kramer has a driver which allows the amps to be powered on and off, status feedback and the ability to mute individual channels. To my ears, muting the unused channels on a multiple channel offers improvement in sound quality for stereo listening.

The only previous amp that I owned that offered these features was 20 years about and that was the California Audio Labs MCA. I am asking about high-end audio amps with more advanced features than just being able to power on with a 12v trigger.

bulldogger

@bulldogger Aragon and Acurus are actually the same company or at least started out that way.

@ghdprentice I am not sure about noise for two channel amps. I can tell you that with both the amps I have owned that were multiple channel and had ability to mute unused channels, there is a marked difference in sound quality in two channel mode. Typically, multiple channel amps do not sound as good as two channel amps. The exception is when you have the ability to mute the unused channels. I would say in two channel mode the noise is actually reduced over a multichannel amplifier that cannot do this.

The two best sounding multichannel I have owned, and I’ve owned a lot, both had the ability to mute channels.

OP,

Thanks for your comments. I find your comments about turning off channels very interesting. I have never had a system capable of doing that… great idea.

FYI, when I mention noise, I am talking about noise floor… not actual distinctly audible noise. But the stuff that covers up details and is largely not heard directly, but the absence of which is obvious when removed.

I’ll add EMM Labs amplifiers to the list. "Each MTRX2 amplifier has a USB connection and an RS232 connection for system updates and for diagnostics and real-time monitoring. These ports allow for remote control, monitoring and real-time diagnostics of the MTRX2 amplifier via the onboard computer and internal sensors. MTRX2 Diagnostic and Safety Systems: The MTRX2 amplifier is equipped with a full and detailed set of sophisticated and comprehensive diagnostic and monitoring systems. On top of providing critical safety, these systems also perform real-time monitoring of the amplifier. This allows the MTRX2 to both perform at its maximum performance and to immediately protect not only itself but speakers and source components when it detects issues and faults. This includes a comprehensive short circuit system protection and fast onset detection. All of which are implemented outside of the MTRX2’s critical audio paths. Thus, ensuring that while the MTRX2 is completely protected, its audio paths are never compromised.