Benchmark Media Systems. Right or wrong

128x128mijostyn

Showing 3 responses by deep_333

seems yogiboy we need a debate on the meaning of a comma in a sentence...

Debating challenged individuals would be a waste of time...

Benchmark equipment is not sterile, it is neutral, very nicely made and fairly priced. After that you can take it anywhere. Want an analog glow? Add a turntable with a tube phono stage. The difference with good electronics pales in comparison to the difference in speakers.

Benchmark amps sound quite sterile. All my SS amps from different manufacturers are way juicier (expensive and cheaper ones). I actually tried out that sterile crap and sent it back in a hurry.

ASR Golfing panther equipment --> Benchmark + Revel (oof)... That one fanatic and his reviews have brought so much sterility into the lives of many. 

@deep_333 Sterile? In relationship to most tube amps that would be better described as accurate. I suspect you would not like Boulder amps either.

@mijostyn

Sterile in comparison to my current SOLID STATE amps.

Luxman c900u+m900u

Yamaha c5000+m5000

Yamaha A-S2100

Technics SU R1000

Schiit TYR monoblocks

Jungson/Zhongshen Class A

or even my multichannel amp (supposed to be more sonically compromised than uppity 2 channel amps), Yamaha MX-A5200

There are no tubes in any of the above mentioned.

I have several tube amps, old sugden, old Pass, a load of chifi amp kits, etc in storage that are not counted/considered here.