Basis 1400 TT...

Hello all - I have owned my table for the past 15 years and need a new tonearm to replace the rb250. Trying to get some ideas of other arms that would fit. Regards.
128x128teleos

Showing 3 responses by jperry

All Rega single pillar arms are drop in replacements, along with Michell arms. The best choice would be a Basis Vector arm. There are others using the Rega platform that would also work. The difference between the Vector and another Rega is stunning in the best possible way. I replaced my Rega arm in a Basis 2000 with a Vector and it was a huge improvement.
Michell should be if they are the single pillar. The Graham Robin should also work and Origin Live. I bought a NOS Vector 3 a few years ago for about $1,300, so if you can stretch your budget a little and watch used ads you might be able to get a Vector close to your budget. It would be worth the extra time and money if you can find one.
Just get the Vector. It is a drop in replacement, and sounds fantastic. You will be very happy with the upgrade from the Rega. Make sure you get the correct Vector arm. I think you need a low cup height, but confirm with Basis to be sure.

Best Regards,

Jim Perry