B&W Signature 805

I was able to hear the Signature 805 speakers in my system this weekend, a friend brought his over, and I was very impressed with these.

I was curious of other peoples experience with them, but I would like to ask that those that reply be specific in their experience, what amp was used and was it at a dealer or a home. I find that B&W speakers NEED quality amps for their speakers to really shine.
brianmgrarcom

Showing 1 response by gustavog

I've used my S805's first with an Arcam FMJ A32 and now with a McIntosh MA6900 integrated. Source is a Proceed CDD transport with a MF A324 DAC. Cables are Red Dawn ICs and Audioquest Granite double biwire and Illuminarions D-60 digital. They definitely demand quality amplification, being very revealing but I enjoyed them with the Arcam and now the whole system went a step further with the Mac. I find them very detailed and natural sounding. B&W's are forward sounding and for some a bit bright so choose cables and other equipment with care (listen first if you can) as with any other piece. I don't find them overbright in my system.